Monday, Dec. 14 to Thursday, Dec. 24
The music building student access hours are M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m., and closed Saturdays and Sundays.
Friday, Dec. 25 to Monday, Jan. 4 at 6:50 a.m.
The music building will be closed for the holidays.
Monday, Jan. 4
The music building will open to students from 6:50 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. every day.
We will be using the same fall term practice procedures for winter term. This includes scheduling practice times.
- Recital audience clarification: We use the Policies and Procedures regarding individualized instruction to guide us, and secondarily the Safety Plan for Large Ensembles.
- a masked soloist performing with an accompanist allows for a (limited) audience.
- An unmasked soloist performing with an accompanist does not allow for any audience.
- When the piece being performed involves more than the soloist and the accompanist all performers must be masked.
- Please see the SOMD Covid FAQ page for more info.
Mask wearing, social distancing, the required 30-minute break between all activities in the classrooms, and other safety measures remain in effect.
When holding unplanned auditions, rehearsals, tests, lessons or anything in music spaces DO NOT ENTER UNOCCUPIED ROOMS unless you have scheduled the room with Brooke Cagno.
REMINDER: If we are found to be in violation of these rules (even once) we may lose our privileges to continue to use our facilities going forward.
Brooke Cagno will be managing the front desk and supervising several student workers to help cover those duties. We will try our best to have music front desk coverage M-F, 8: a.m. to 5:00 p.m.