March 9, 2016—In recognition of the centennial of the UO fight song, the Oregon Legislature has proclaimed that tomorrow, March 10, is officially "Mighty Oregon" Day! And the University of Oregon is celebrating in style.
Oregon Athletic Bands has released an album of “Mighty Oregon” versions, available now as a CD or digital download.
We want you to get in on the action, too! Tag your own cover version of "Mighty Oregon" with #MightyOregon100 on Twitter or Instagram by March 25. We’ll choose one lucky entry to win four tickets to the Ducks’ season opener on September 3 at Autzen Stadium!
The rules are simple:
- Tag your video #MightyOregon100 on Twitter or Instagram by 5:00 p.m. on March 25, 2016
- Entries must be three minutes or less in length
- Videos can include vocals, or can be purely instrumental
- Entries will be judged on originality and creativity. They can be technically good or technically bad—what counts is your school spirit!
- Keep it clean and appropriate. Entries will be excluded at the judges’ discretion
- And most of all: get ready for some serious competition. Fight! Ducks! Fight!
Here's one of our favorite "Mighty Oregon" covers for inspiration, and be sure to read our Complete Contest Rules below the video.
Complete Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY PROVIDING SUBMISSION, SUBMITTER (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “YOU” OR “SUBMITTER”) AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. CONTEST TIMING: The contest will be announced on March 9, 2016 and entrants may begin working on their videos on and after this date. The contest judging will take place between March 25, 2016 and April 1, 2016.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Prizes in the contest will be awarded to the best videos, as deemed by the panel of judges, submitted by an individual or group.
3. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by the University of Oregon (“UO”) School of Music and Dance – 6203 University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403.
4. TO ENTER: During the contest period, 1) upload your submission to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or other video hosting platform, 2) post a link to your video on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #MightyOregon100
Videos must be no more than three minutes in length. They can include vocals or be purely instrumental.
5. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about UO or its services, products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which UO wishes to associate.
Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible. Submissions cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent, derogatory, or oppressive toward any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; (c) be obscene or endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than the UO's trademarks, logos, trade dress, brands or products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or UO (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law. By submitting a submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your or your individual or organization's original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you/your organization have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and (f) that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such submitter will indemnify and hold harmless UO and parties donating prizes from any claims to the contrary. Any submission that, in the sole opinion of UO, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled submissions are not eligible. By submitting a submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place UO under any obligation, and that UO is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, UO does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to UO, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. CONTEST JUDGING: During the contest judging period, submissions will be judged on originality, creativity, and school spirit.
7. PRIZE DETAILS:
First place winner will receive four tickets to the Ducks Football season opener September 3, 2016 at Autzen Stadium. Second place will receive a $100 gift certificate for The Duck Store. Third place will receive 5 CDs featuring different versions of Mighty Oregon produced by the Oregon Athletic Bands.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by UO or parties donating prizes resulting from submitter's submission in the contest in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the UO or the parties donating prizes for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, cable, satellite, network, electronic, Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest. UO and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials. Use of website is at user’s own risk. UO and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest. Should any portion of the contest be, in UO’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of UO, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or uploading of submissions, UO reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest, and select the winners from eligible submissions received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by UO.
9. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION: (a.) Administration of contest. UO uses this information to administer the contest. (b.) Fraud. If UO suspects fraud, UO may also use the information provided to investigate the fraud or share it with consultants or government authorities. (c.) Law. UO may disclose your information if required to by law.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, submitters (and submitter's parent or legal guardian if Submitter is a minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release UO and parties donating prizes from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter's participation in the contest; and (b) participants waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.