April 9, 2014—The University of Oregon School of Music and Dance has announced the fifth round of performers in the prestigious Emerging Artist Series (EArS). The honorees will perform in a winter showcase concert at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, April 23 in Beall Concert Hall on the UO campus. Admission is free.
The Emerging Artist Series is the UO’s premier recital program for top student musicians. Members of the UO’s performance faculty select students for inclusion. Honorees are invited to perform in the Emerging Artist Series concert, a showcase cabaret designed to introduce developing top-flight student performers.
The honorees will demonstrate the diversity of musical genres and styles offered by the UO School of Music and Dance. The roster of performers for the April 23 showcase concert will include both undergraduate and graduate students in the UO’s music programs. The complete roster of artists, with their concert selections, is listed below.
- Brad Green, soprano saxophone, and Evan C. Paul, piano, performing Denis Bédard's "Fantaisie"
- Alyse Jamieson, mezzo-contralto, and Andrew Pham, piano, performing Rebecca Clarke's interpretation of Yeats' "Cloths of Heaven" and Blake's "Tiger, Tiger"
- Wyatt True, violin, performing Eugène Ysaÿe's Sonata for Solo Violin, Op. 27, No. 5
- A chamber ensemble consisting of Eduardo Martins-Moriera, piano; Sam Golter, flute; Colleen White, clarient; Laura Goben, oboe; Raquel Vargas-Ramirez, bassoon; and Eric Grunkemeyer, horn, performing Poulenc's Sextet for piano and winds, op. 100
- A percussion ensemble consisting of Crystal Chu, Adam Dunson, and Peter White performing Iannis Xenakis' "OKHO"
- The Premiere Brass Quintet, featuring Casey Riley and Tony Glausi, trumpets; Margarite Waddell, horn; John Church, trombone; and Gavin Milligan, tuba, performing Viktor Ewald's Brass Quintet No. 1 Op. 5
- A trio consisting of Jared Yakel, alto saxophone; Christian Parkess, tenor saxophone; and Dusty Carlson, bass, performing Lennie Tristano's "April"