The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Faculty Positions in Music and Dance
The School of Music and Dance maintains more than forty tenure-stream faculty positions in a variety of academic areas.
Open Faculty Searches
- With the decision of Dean Brad Foley to return to the faculty at the end of the 2017-2018 academic year, the School of Music and Dance is seeking nominations and applications for its next dean. More information about the position and the recruitment process is available on the Office of the Provost’s website.
- Assistant Professor of Elementary and General Music Education
Music and Dance Part-Time Faculty Pool
The School of Music and Dance invites applications for temporary, part-time, limited-duration teaching positions in the music program, as well as for teachers for the Community Music Institute. Positions may be one-term (ten weeks) or multiple terms as needed, but with the possibility of renewal for up to a total of three years depending on need, funding, and performance.
Open Pool Searches
- Pro Tem Instructors - Music Performance
- Pro Tem Instructors - Academic Music Disciplines (History, Theory, Composition, Education)
- Pro Tem Instructors - Dance
For information on GE (formerly called GTF) positions in music programs, contact the Music Graduate Office at at 541-346-5664 or by e-mail. For openings in the Department of Dance, contact the department at 541-346-3386 or by e-mail.
Student Hourly Positions
For more information on work-study and other part-time student hourly positions, visit the website of the UO Career Center.