Checklists, which detail all degree requirements, are available for all master’s degree programs. During the first term of study, students must meet with their advisor to design a course of study. At the end of the first year, they must meet again with their advisor to review the plan to ensure that all requirements noted on the checklist will be completed by the time of graduation. Any exceptions to requirements must be approved in advance by petition to the Music Graduate Committee.
During the term immediately preceding the projected term of graduation, master’s students are to bring their checklist to the Music Graduate Office for a review (i.e., students planning to graduate during spring term must schedule a meeting with the Music Graduate Office during winter term). At the beginning of the expected term of graduation, the checklist should be reviewed again for final faculty advisor approval and submitted to the Music Graduate Office.
Checklists must be completed digitally, then printed. The Graduate Music Office will not accept handwritten checklists.
For additional information, please see sections A and B of the Policies and Procedures Manual for Music Graduate Students.
- MA Musicology
- MA Music Theory
- MM Composition
- MM Conducting (Choral)
- MM Conducting (Orchestra)
- MM Conducting (Wind Ensemble)
- MM Music Education
- MM Intermedia Music Technology
- MM Jazz Studies (Composition or Arranging)
- MM Jazz Studies (Performance)
- MM Performance (General)
- MM Performance (Violin or Viola Performance and Pedagogy)
- MM Performance (Percussion)
- MM Performance (Solo Piano)
- MM Performance (Collaborative Piano)
- MM Performance (Voice)
- MM Performance (Multiple Woodwinds or Brass)
- MM Piano Pedagogy