SOMD Adaptations to Current UO COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
In line with greater university protocols, the SOMD is no longer requiring face coverings in classrooms, studios, or performance spaces. Masks will be welcome but optional at the UO with some exceptions, such as in health care settings, and as otherwise required by law. Spring instruction and operations are in person.
The UO is following CDC Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education at the direction of the Oregon Health Authority. COVID-19 safety plans, tools, and requirements to protect the UO community:
- Vaccinations are required for all students and employees.
- Booster shots are required for all eligible students and employees. The booster requirement deadline was March 18, 2022.
- Weekly COVID-19 testing is required for all unvaccinated UO students and employees, those who have not completed a primary vaccine series, those who choose an exemption, and newly hired employees who have not completed the vaccination requirement process.
- Face coverings are welcome on campus. They are required in some locations such as health care settings including University Health Services (UHS) and Monitoring and Assessment Program (MAP) testing sites. Bring a mask if visiting a place where masks are required.
- Check your symptoms. Don't come to campus sick.
- Cleaning and ventilation improvements. We've increased airflow in buildings, clean using OSHA and CDC required methods, and installed touchless bathroom faucets, hand sanitizer, and towel dispensers across campus