Jan. 22, 2014—The University of Oregon School of Music and Dance has announced the fourth round of performers in the prestigious Emerging Artist Series (EArS). The honorees will perform in a winter showcase concert at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 2 in Beall Concert Hall on the UO campus. Admission is free.
The Emerging Artist Series is the UO’s premier recital program for top student musicians. The UO’s performance faculty select students for inclusion. Honorees are invited to perform in the Emerging Artist Series concert, a showcase cabaret designed to introduce developing top-flight student performers. The honorees will demonstrate the diversity of musical genres and styles offered by the UO School of Music and Dance. The roster of performers for the Feb. 2 showcase concert will include both undergraduate and graduate students in the UO’s music and dance programs. The complete roster of artists, with their concert selections, is listed below.
- Kathryn Brunhaver, cello, and Ulysses Loken, piano, performing Brahms’ Sonata in F Minor, Allegro vivace
- Chris Ives, violin, and Ednaldo Borba (not pictured), piano, performing Chausson’s “Poème”
- Michael Seregow, piano, performing Bartók’s “Piano Sonata”
- Colin Takeo (not pictured) and Rebecca Conner (not pictured), both on guitar, performing Gross’ “Tenderly” and Bonfa’s “Manha de Carnaval”
- Nattapol Tantikarn, piano, performing J.S. Bach’s “Chromatic Fantasia” and Fugue BWV 903
- The Chartrey Quartet (not pictured) (including Ryan Chartrey, soprano saxophone; Kyle Adams, alto saxophone; Justin Graham, tenor saxophone; and Mic Kelly, baritone saxophone) performing Glazunov’s Quatuor, Op. 109, Première partie