IMPORTANT DEADLINE CHANGES:
- New Extended Music Application Deadline for 2020-21 Applicants: August 1, 2020
- New Extended Decision Day Deadline for 2020-21 Applicants: September 1, 2020
- Music Application for 2021-22 opens August 20, 2020
2020-21 Music Application Deadline Extension: August 1, 2020
Undergraduate students who wish to apply to be music majors starting fall 2020 have until August 1, 2020 to complete an application.
Because the application process varies depending on the degree(s) sought, we are asking all new applicants to first send us an email. This email will assist us in customizing your application experience. Here are the steps:
- Please review degree programs. You can also find detailed degree checklists and some sample schedules.
- Once you have determined which degree programs interest you (you can list up to two), please send an email to: email@example.com, with the subject line, "Extended 2020-21 Undergraduate Application." In this email, please provide us with the following information:
- Your first and last names
- Your email address (even if it is the same one from which you are sending this email).
- List the degrees in which you are interested (maximum: two).
- If your degree requires an audition (performance, music education, composition, jazz studies programs), please list the instrument or voice type on which you plan on auditioning. (During the COVID-19 outbreak, all auditions will be recorded More information about that will be sent after receipt of your application.)
Soon after receiving your email, we will send you a link to the application and any special instructions that might apply.
We apologize in advance but please know that all of our music scholarships already have been awarded and are not available during this extended application period.
Decision Day Extension: September 1, 2020
Applicants for fall 2020 freshman admission now have until September 1 to inform the School of Music and Dance if they will accept our offer of admission. Please submit any required documents via email. Items sent regular postal mail will experience an extended processing delay.