MUSIC APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
THEY WILL BECOME AVAILABLE AUGUST 1, 2018.
Important Dates for Fall 2018 Undergraduate Music Applicants
A. These dates apply to applicants with intended enrollment in Fall 2018.
- November 1, 2017: Application deadline for Early Action applicants
- November 9, 2017: Deadline to upload recorded auditions and music technology portfolios for early action applicants is 12:00 noon
- November 11, 2017: Early Action undergraduate auditions
- January 15, 2018: Standard application deadline
- February 2, 2018: Upload deadline for recorded auditions and music technology portfolios
- February 3, 2018: Audition day
- February 10, 2018: Audition day
- February 24, 2018: Audition day
- April 1, 2018 (approx): School of Music and Dance mails admission and scholarship offers
- May 1, 2018: National Letter of Intent Day. Admitted students will be asked to verify their intent to enroll by paying the enrollment deposit online.
Audition requirements: Review our Undergraduate Music Major Audition Requirements.
B. These dates apply to current UO students who wish to be admitted to any of the following degree programs: BA General Music Concentration, BA Popular Music Studies Concentration, BS General Music Concentration, BS Popular Music Studies Concentration - during the 2017-18 academic year. (No scholarship auditions are available for these enrollees):
- August 21, 2017: Application deadline for Fall 2017
- November 20, 2017: Application deadline for Winter 2018
- March 5, 2018: Application deadline for Spring 2018
HOW TO APPLY
A. For applicants who intend to enroll in Fall 2018.
- Complete the University of Oregon application for admission by November 1, 2017 for Early Action admission; January 15, 2018 for everyone else.
- Complete the UO School of Music and Dance online application [application will open August 1, 2018] by November 1, 2017 for Early Action admission; January 15, 2018 for everyone else.
- Download the Recommendation Form and distribute copies to two music teachers or other instructors familiar with your growth as a musician.
- If you are a transfer student applicant, and if you are currently receiving a scholarship from your school, be sure to review—and submit, if necessary—the Scholarship Release Form.
B. For current UO students who intend to apply for: BA General Music Concentration, BA Popular Music Studies Concentration, BS General Music Concentration, BS Popular Music Studies Concentration - during the 2017-18 academic year. (No scholarship auditions are available for these enrollees):
- Complete the UO School of Music and Dance online application by the dates listed above.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
For details, visit the Undergraduate Music Financial Aid and Scholarships webpage.
Non-native English Speakers must demonstrate language proficiency through testing:
- TOEFL score 88 IBT (575 paper-based); or IELTS score 7.0.
Applicants who do not meet these English language proficiencies must complete all required Academic English for International Students (AEIS) course work.