IMPORTANT DATES FOR UNDERGRADUATE MUSIC APPLICANTS
DEADLINES FOR FALL 2022 ADMISSION:
- November 1, 2021: Application deadline for Early Action applicants
- November 11, 2021: Deadline to upload recorded auditions and music technology portfolios for Early Action applicants
- January 15, 2022: Standard application deadline
- January 27, 2022: Upload deadline for recorded auditions and music technology portfolios for standard decision applicants
- April 1, 2022 (approx): School of Music and Dance mails scholarship offers
- May 1, 2022: Admitted students will be asked to verify their intent to enroll with UO by paying the enrollment deposit online.
SPECIAL NOTE TO TRANSFER APPLICANTS: Although the University of Oregon posts an official application deadline of February 15 for transfer applicants, those applying to be music majors must complete BOTH their UO application and School of Music and Dance application by January 15, 2022. Applications received after January 15 run the risk of not being admitted and are generally not considered for music scholarships.
2022 AUDITION DATES:
- November 13, 2021: Early Action undergraduate auditions
- January 29, 2022: Audition day
- February 5, 2022: Audition day
- February 19, 2022: Audition day
For current UO students ONLY:
Current UO students who intend to pursue one of the following degrees may apply to start either 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 school year: BA General Music Concentration, BA Popular Music Studies Concentration, BS General Music Concentration, BS Popular Music Studies Concentration. No scholarship auditions are available for applicants who start in the Winter or Spring semesters.
- November 15, 2021: Application deadline for Winter 2022
- February 28, 2022: Application deadline for Spring 2022
- July 13, 2022: Application deadline for Fall 2022
HOW TO APPLY
FALL 2022 APPLICANTS:
- Apply to UO: Complete the University of Oregon application for admission by November 1, 2021 for Early Action Admission: January 15, 2022 for everyone else.
- Apply to SOMD: Complete the UO School of Music and Dance online application by November 1, 2021 for Early Action Admission; January 15, 2022 for everyone else.
- Audition/Portfolio: If your degree program requires an audition, you will perform an audition during one of our scheduled audition dtes. Music Technology applicants will need to submit a portfolio. Details about audition/portfolio requirements and how to prepare can be found below:
WINTER 2022 OR SPRING 2022 APPLICANTS: Only current UO students may apply to start in Winter or Spring semesters, and only the following degrees will admit students for Winter or Spring: BA General Music Concentration, BA Popular Music Studies Concentration, BS General Music Concentration, BS Popular Music Studies Concentration. Please note that no scholarship auditionsare available for Winter or Spring admits:
- Apply to SOMD: Complete the UO School of Music and Dance online application by the deadlines listed above.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
For details, visit the Undergraduate Music Financial Aid and Scholarships webpage.
Non-native English speakers must demonstrate language proficiency though testing:
- TOEFL score 88 IBT (575 paper-based); or IELTS score 7.0; or Duolingo score 120.
Applicants who do not meet these English language proficiencies must complete all required Academic English for International Students (AEIS) course work.