PLEASE NOTE: The Music Performance Certificate program is not eligible for GE opportunities or federal financial aid.
PLEASE NOTE: All students admitted to a graduate music program at the University of Oregon must possess the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree. Students accepted without an undergraduate degree in music can sometimes be admitted, however, previous coursework will be audited and the student may be required to complete additional undergraduate music courses. This can extend the length of the time needed to complete the degree and increase costs.
Music Performance Certificate Requirements
- Academic History: attach to Application for Graduate Admission
- Repertoire list: attach to Application for Graduate Admission
- Audition: either a live audition or a recording submitted via the Admissions File Upload webpage. Please review the Graduate Audition Requirements for current audition requirements and procedures. Note that any student admitted on the basis of a recorded performance must perform a placement audition upon arrival on campus to begin studies.
Voice applicants must submit a preliminary audition recording by December 10. This recording should be submitted be via the Admissions File Upload webpage. Please review the Graduate Audition Requirements for details.
Submit an online University of Oregon application for graduate admission and a non-refundable application fee: $70 domestic applicants; $90 (USD) international applicants.
A. All Applicants
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities from which you received a bachelor's degree or any subsequent degree. Transcripts must show the title of the degree earned and the date the degree was conferred. Transcripts are to be submitted to the address below:
Office of the Registrar
5257 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1217 USA
If your degree institution offers official electronic copies sent by a secured provider (e.g. National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, Scrip Safe) you may have them sent directly to email@example.com.
Additionally, School of Music and Dance admissions does require unofficial transcripts for degrees in progress, degrees conferred, and from institutions where a degree was not earned. Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to your graduate application. If you have difficulty uploading please email unofficial transcripts to SOMDadmit@uoregon.edu.
If you attended or are currently attending the University of Oregon, you do not need to send your University of Oregon transcript to the Office of Admissions.
B. Additional Information for International Applicants
All international graduate applicants must have credentials that are equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree. These credentials must be received from an institution recognized by the country's educational body that oversees institutional approval, such as the Ministry of Education. If you earned a bachelor's degree or higher at an international institution, there may be additional documentation required.
- Degree Certificates: Many international transcripts do not list the degree earned and the degree conferral date. In this case you must also submit official degree certificates
- English Translations: If your international transcript and/or degree certificate is issued in a language other than English, we will need a certified word-for-word English translation of these documents. The translation must be mailed by the translating agency directly to the University of Oregon or issued by the translation agency to you in an envelope bearing the stamp, seal or official signature of the translating agency and placed in a larger envelope, unopened and mailed to the University of Oregon.
Non-native English Speakers must fulfill the English language proficiency requirement in one of two ways:
- Submit at the time of application a recent TOEFL/IELTS score (taken within two years of the application submission). The minimum acceptable TOEFL/IELTS scores for Master's applicants are a TOEFL score of 88 IBT (575 paper-based); or an IELTS score of 7.0. We are temporarily accepting Duolingo English Test score for admission through Fall 2022. Minimum Score: 115.
- Possess a degree from specific English-speaking countries. Submit degree transcripts proving that you have received a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from an institution in the following countries: Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.