Important Dates for Fall 2017 Undergraduate Music Applicants
These dates apply to applicants with intended enrollment in Fall 2017.
- November 1, 2016: Application deadline for early action applicants
- November 10, 2016: Deadline to upload recorded auditions and music technology portfolios for early action applicants is 12:00 noon
- November 12, 2016: Early action undergraduate auditions
- January 15, 2017: Standard application deadline
- February 3, 2017: Upload deadline for recorded auditions and music technology portfolios
- February 4, 2017: Audition day
- February 11, 2017: Audition day
- February 25, 2017: Audition day
- April 1, 2017 (approx): School of Music and Dance mails admission and scholarship offers
- May 1, 2017: National Letter of Intent Day. Admitted students will be asked to verify their intent to enroll by paying the enrollment deposit online.
Admissions for the 2016-17 academic year are closed. If you believe you have a special case for admission for 2016-17, please e-mail us.
Apply in Four Steps
- Complete the University of Oregon application for admission by November 1, 2016 for early action admission; January 15, 2017 for everyone else.
- Review our Undergraduate Music Major Audition Requirements, as well as additional Audition Day Information.
- Complete the UO School of Music and Dance online application by November 1, 2016 for early action admission; January 15, 2017 for everyone else. If you are a transfer student applicant, be sure to review—and submit, if necessary—the Scholarship Release Form.
- Download the Recommendation Form and distribute copies to two music teachers or other instructors familiar with your growth as a musician.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
For details, visit the Undergraduate Music Financial Aid and Scholarships webpage.
Non-native English Speakers must demonstrate language proficiency through testing:
- TOEFL score 88 IBT (575 paper-based); or IELTS score 7.0.
Applicants who do not meet these English language proficiencies must complete all required Academic English for International Students (AEIS) course work.